Running tips that would help you stay active
A novice or a mid-level runner – no matter what you are, these tips will help you stay strong during a race. Read on!
- A day prior to the race, you should drink a lot of water and stay hydrated. Avoid too much caffeine intake.
- Choose dinner that’s rich in carbohydrates. Don’t upset your stomach by eating something wrong. Stay away from all sorts of acidic foods, since those can create acid reflux and upset your stomach. On the race day, eat what you usually eat and don’t deviate. Anything out-of-the-ordinary might upset your stomach or could alter your energy.
- Avoid buying new pair of shoes for the race. It is always sensible to run in old pair of shoes, that your foot is comfortable in.
- Wear clothes that will take your perspiration away. If you are running in cold weather, it is easy to simply remove your arm sleeves than to change your full t-shirt when you feel really hot. Adjustable clothing is advisable during runs.
- You can always visit a water station when you are feeling thirsty. But having a fuel belt always helps. This not only keeps you hydrated, but also maintains your rhythm during the run. After all, the last thing you would want is to slow down. Prior to the race, don’t forget to practice with a fuel belt.
- If you know you might feel hungry during the run, plan ahead. Make sure you have all your munchies ready in your fuel belt when you need them.
- Preload all your preferred songs in your MP3 player if you are carrying it with you to the racing track. Avoid last minute uploads.
Always remember that the pain is temporary. So, sweat it out, have fun, take the next day off and relax because you totally earned it!